Friday, May 30, 2008

Beginnings

Michael and I are members of a “Core Group” at the church we go to in Birmingham. A lot of the girls in our group have started blogs. I am the latest in the string. Normally, I am not one to point fingers, but I think some of this epidemic in our group is to be blamed on one - Jamie Grizzle. She volunteers to help you to design your blog and then next thing you know…you have one. She does such a fabulous job setting things up that it is almost wrong not to use it. She is a sly one. This brings me to my thoughts of the day…beginnings. I think it is so fun to start fresh. Who knows what this blog will turn into…I may post everyday…this may be my one and only post…but it is exciting to think of what it may turn in to. Another big reason this is on my mind is because Michael and I bought our first house 2 weeks ago. I have really enjoyed dreaming about what the house is going to look like when we put “our touch” on it. How will the bathroom look without the pepto-bismol pink tiles? Do we want to paint the walls? If yes, what colors? Where do we want to hang pictures on these freshly painted walls? What kind of plants should we plant in the backyard? It is enough to make a girl’s head spin. I keep having to put the brakes on my train of thought and give myself the “it’s a marathon not a sprint” speech. I am just so curious to see the finished product that I am having a hard time pacing myself. So there you have it…the beginning of a blog. Thanks again, Jamie, for setting this up. Oh, and stay tuned I am going to try to post pictures of the new “crib” in the next day or so.

1 comment:

Jamie Grizzle said...

A wonderful first blog! Just as I expected...you are a "natural"!